Smart cities bring together technology, government and society to jointly enhance quality, safety and performance of urban services, to reduce costs and resource consumption, and to engage more effectively and actively with its citizens. The concept of smart cities includes government services, transport and traffic management, energy, health care, water and waste. Smart city applications are developed with the goal of improving the management of urban flows and allowing for real time responses to challenges.
With Luciad, you can build smart city applications to
- Query all the schools or hospitals within a specific area
- Locate areas prone to a flood and the list of houses within the areas
- Identify suitable valleys to build canals or dams
- Use elevation data to detect potential paths to build roads
- Plan optimal routes between resources and consumers
- Validate the proper use of soil comparing reality with existing records
Detailed city data
This video shows how Luciad can connect to detailed 3D city data provided as a multi-resolution 3D tile set. The data covers the city of Marseille in France. The data is correctly positioned on the 3D LuciadLightspeed globe and tiles are loaded lazily and at the proper resolution when needed. In addition this data can be used together with interactive visibility calculations to identify for example what snipers can see.